From the Counseling Center
College & Career Readiness Meetings
It is time to schedule your eight grade College & Career Readiness meeting with the Draper Park Middle School Counselors. The College and Career Readiness meeting is a 30-minute planning meeting that is attended by student and parent. Follow the steps below to schedule your meeting online.
1. Go to the DPMS website: http://draperpark.canyonsdistrict.org/
2. Click on Counseling at the top of the page to go to http://dpmscounselnig.weebly.com/
3. Click on the blue button in the center titled: Schedule a College and Career Readiness Meeting
4. Choose an appointment time that best fits your schedule
5. Fill in your information
6. Confirm your appointment time and information
7. An email/text will be sent to you after confirming as well as 24 hours before your appointment
Unity Day: Together Against Bullying – United for Kindness, Acceptance and Inclusion
Want to unite against bullying? It's easy. Wear orange! On Wednesday, Oct. 9 color our nation, and even the world, in orange, showing that our society believes that no one child ever has to experience the physical and emotional pain of being purposefully hurt, harmed or humiliated. Send the message that every child deserves to feel safe from bullying while at school, online or in the community. See www.pacer.org/bullying/nbpm/unity-day.asp for more information.
“You Go, Girls” Conference
Canyons School District held the annual “You Go, Girls!” conference on Sept. 29 at Jordan High School. DPMS girls joined up with 200 eighth-grade students from the district to be inspired by speakers discussing their careers that have traditionally been dominated by men. speakers and enjoy the morning thinking of future careers in technology. Thank you to the CSD Career and Technical Education Department for arranging such a great event!