DPMS Parking Lot Tips
Drop-off and pick-up are very busy times at Draper Park Middle School, and to make things run safely and smoothly, we ask that everyone abide by a few simple rules.
- Pull as far forward as you can when dropping off your student. This makes room so we can fit as many cars as possible in our parking lot, rather than clogging the streets surrounding DPMS.
- Please only drop-off from the right lane. The left lane is a “thru lane” and drop-off is not allowed.
- Please do not park in areas that have posted “no parking” signs. The place where this is most problematic is in the main driveway during at the end of the school day.
- Have your child ready to exit your vehicle so the line can continue moving.
- Talk to students about using only the designated crosswalks. While pedestrians do have the right-of-way in most cases, students should never assume drivers see them.
- Please drive slowly through our parking lots.
- Avoid talking on your cell phone while on school grounds.